- Use a Car Seat cover ONLY if it does not have a layer under the baby.
- Use items that came with the car seat or has been crash tested and approved by the manufacturer which can interfere with provided protection in any event of an accident.
- Prepare in advance, which may require auto starting, waking up early, and giving yourself ample time to travel to your destination.
- Use a coat or blanket over the straps, all layers should be removable to prevent your baby from overheating.
- Keep your car seat indoors if possible.
Keep it simple. Place your baby in its car seat with a hat, mittens and soft, comfortable, breathable fabric, place a blanket over your baby’s car seat and remove once placed inside warm vehicle. #corascorner recommends Jolly Jumper Carseat Cover available on Amazon.
Visit NHTSA’S website for a list of child passenger safety recommendations to find out how to select the right seat for your child’s age and size. To learn more and find a FREE car seat inspection site near you, visit www.nhtsa.gov/fitting
#corascorner #expectingparentsandbaby #tipsforparents #carseatsafety #parentsandbaby #baby #parents #carseat #NHTSA