If you are hanging in NYC for memorial day weekend we have a Memorial Day Weekend Recipe Kids Can Make And a Fun Patriotic FLAG CRAFT!
Our advice is to also HIT UP the Posh Baby and Teen Memorial Day Sale
And when you are ready to get your food on Nature's Own shared some delicious recipes kids can make to celebrate over the long Memorial Day weekend!
Being in the kitchen lets children and parents spend quality time while creating memories on this day! Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dessert, the following recipes will let families be together and bond over a delicious meal. and once you and your kids have filled your bellies- get crafty and create a patriotic flag craft!
Keep reading for a Memorial Day Weekend Recipe Kid Can Make And a Fun Patriotic FLAG CRAFT!
Gooey Chocolate Sandwiches thanks to Nature's Own
Ingredients: Servings: 2
(4) slices Nature's Own 12-Grain Bread
(1/4) cup chocolate/ hazelnut spread
(2) tablespoons unsalted butter
(2) teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
1) Spread half of the chocolate-hazelnut spread over each of 2 bread slices.
2) Top with remaining bread slices.
3) Combine butter and cinnamon-sugar in small bowl; spread over outside of sandwiches.
4) Cook in large skillet over medium heat 3-5 minutes per side or until crisp and browned.
5)Cool slightly before serving.
And once you've eaten keep the kidlets busy with this PATRIOTIC PAPER FLAG BY BETH KINGSTON which you can use for party decor, bring to your local parade, or make a bunch of these and put in your yard for a fun patriotic display!
Instructions will make four (4) flags.
one sheet 8.5 "x 11" white cardstock
navy blue patterned paper with stars (or blue construction paper and star stickers)
red ribbon or thin strips of red construction paper
Xyron 3" Sticker Maker
Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker
wooden BBQ skewer
1. Cut white cardstock in to four pieces (each piece will be 4.25" x 5.5").
2. Cut four pieces of blue paper to 2" x 2.5".
3. Run each piece of blue paper through Xyron 3" Sticker Maker. Remove the clear film. Set aside.
4. Run red ribbon/construction paper through Xyron 1.5" Create-a-Sticker (if strips are thin enough you can run them through two at a time - one next to the other). Remove the clear film.
5. Peel red ribbon/paper from backing and lay horizontally across the white cardstock, leaving space in between each piece. It is ok to overlap on either side - you can cut off the excess later.
6. Peel blue paper from backing and adhere to the top left corner of the white cardstock, covering some of the red ribbon/paper.
7. Cut off any excess (overlapping) ribbon/paper.
8. Punch a hole approx. ½" from the top and bottom left of the white cardstock.
9. Thread BBQ skewer through holes.
Written by Melissa Chapman of TheStatenIslandFamily.com